Friday, May 1, 2015

Chelsea Banana Choc Chip Muffins


Ingredients
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
¼ cup oil (plain vegetable, soya or canola oil)
1 cup low fat milk
¾ cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
2 ½ cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a tray of 12 muffin tins with non stick spray.
In a large bowl beat the eggs, mashed bananas, oil, milk and brown Sugar together – just lightly. Mix in the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Don’t over mix – the ingredients should be just gently stirred together to combine. Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Until puffed and golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes in the tins, then gently twist and ease the muffins out to cool on a wire rack.

Tip: Always soak the muffin tins straight away, as soon as you’ve removed the muffins. This means the tins clean up easily and you don’t have to scrub at them and risk ruining their lovely shiny non stick surface. 

I followed directions and used Canola oil simply because that was what I had or Olive oil and I do fee that Olive oil is too strong to use in baking.

This was on an advertising flyer from New World, but it is actually from the Chelsea website.
I have a few recipes for muffins with banana and chocolate and I can only say this is not a keeper. I don’t know why. It is full of chocolate chips but tastes very bland. It was improved with the smothering of butter on it to eat it but that is not really how I eat my muffins. Most of the time I eat them without butter or margarine but these definitely needed that to remove the bland oily flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment